St. Mary’s County Adult Detention and Rehabilitation Center, Addition and Renovations, Leonardtown, MD
As part of a design/build team with Scheibel Construction, L.R. Kimball is providing full-service architecture and engineering design services for the renovation and expansion of the St. Mary’s County Adult Detention and Rehabilitation Center.
This project is being phased to keep the facility running 24/7 with minimal disruptions to jail operations.
Renovations throughout the existing facility include:
- Electrical service upgrade
- A new Pre-Trial Services office suite
- New fire alarm system, sprinkler system upgrade, new electronic security systems, and HVAC system upgrades throughout the existing jail
- Renovation of the existing boiler plant that serves the existing building and the new addition
- Expansion of the existing Laundry area upgrades throughout the existing jail
The addition includes:
- A Housing Unit to support the growing female inmate population
- New Central Control Room, and a new Medical Clinic and Infirmary.
Back to Architecture
- Structural Engineering