Plum Borough School District – New Elementary Schools
Following a District-wide Master Plan completed by L.R. Kimball, our team designed two new, 74,000 SF state-of-the art elementary schools designed for a capacity of 725 students in Grades K-6:
- The new, $14.6M Pivik Elementary School was completed in 2012.
- The new, $15.1M Holiday Park Elementary School was completed in 2015.
Both schools bear the following similar key themes and design features:
- Student centered design: welcoming, open, and collaborative spaces, common areas, state-of-the-art technology, design creates an environment for all types of learners
- Community Areas: gymnasium, auditorium, parking
- Flexible Spaces: Multipurpose room for gym, assembly, cafeteria, community gathering
- Site design to enhance student and community safety
- Sustainable Design: recycled and recyclable materials, low maintenance costs, low life cycle costs, and energy efficiency
Continuing a great relationship with the District, L.R. Kimball later designed a third elementary school. The new, 48,600 SF, $10 million, K-6 Regency Park Elementary School was designed, but did not move into construction.
Back to Architecture