Pinellas County Jail Phase II Healthcare Expansion
L.R. Kimball provided complete architectural and engineering design services for the new Pinellas County Jail Expansion Phase II Healthcare Facility that features centralized, specialized housing for male and female inmates requiring medical, mental health, and special needs services and/or observation.
This 432-bed facility is 165,200 square feet with four building levels:
- The first floor contains the Medical Clinic which consists of a mental health clinic, patient exam rooms, trauma and suture room, dialysis room, lab for blood draws, X-ray room, dental facility, pharmacy, healthcare administration section, records storage room, attorney visitation booths, video visitation booths, and clinic waiting and transport staging area.
- The second floor consists of five housing units including 84 single cells, 16 mental health housing cells, and video visitation booths.
- The third floor consists of four housing units including 216 beds, medical and mental health step-down housing, special needs and general housing, and video visitation booths.
- The fourth floor consists of three housing units including 116 medical beds with 20 negative-pressure isolation cells, video visitation booths, and video advisory courtroom.
The building opened in two phases. The first phase encompassed the opening of the first, second, and fourth floors. The second phase encompassed the opening of the third floor which occurred at a later date.
Back to Architecture
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Plumbing Design
- Structural Engineering
- Construction Administration