Franklin Borough Sanitary Sewer Improvement Project
To assist Franklin Borough, L.R. Kimball developed a $2.8 million sanitary sewer improvement project to address deteriorated leaking terra cotta pipe and remove non-sanitary sewage flows from the sanitary sewer system. L.R. Kimball performed the mapping, engineering design, construction drawings, construction specifications, permit applications, grant funding applications, bidding, construction contract administration and construction inspection for the project.
L.R. Kimball also prepared the PENNVEST funding application, assisted with PENNVEST closing, funding loan and grant administration and related project close-out. The project was funded with all PENNVEST grant funds and a low-interest PENNVEST loan. Flow monitoring has documented significant reductions in wet weather flows, attesting to the success of the project.
The following is an additional listing of services performed by L.R. Kimball since 2006 for Franklin:
- Initial Sewer System Evaluation Study,
- Negotiations for the terms and conditions of the Consent Order and Agreement with the PADEP,
- Sanitary manhole location, condition inspection and report,
- Sanitary sewer system GIS mapping,
- Structure and storm inlet dye testing,
- Bid and Supervised video inspection of sanitary sewers,
- $110,000 CBDG Sewer Improvement Project,
- Consent Order and Agreement quarterly reporting to the PADEP,
- $2.8 million dollar Sanitary Sewer Improvement Project design, permitting, bidding, construction administration, construction inspection, PENNVEST grant application, PENNVEST grant and loan administration,
- Franklin Sewer Regulations,
- Flow Monitoring Report,
- JRA Flow Abatement Plan,
- Flow Reduction Plan.
- $1.2 million dollar Phase 2 – Sanitary Sewer Improvement Project design, permitting, bidding, construction administration, construction inspection, PENNVEST grant application, PENNVEST grant and loan administration.
Return to Civil Engineering